I gotta say, I wasn’t expecting this.
The amazing Christine over at http://baarmychris.wordpress.com/ nominated my humble little slice of cyberspace with a Beautiful Blogger Award, and frankly, I’m absolutely flattered, with a lotta blushing thrown in too.
You see, when I started this, it was simply a means to express and communicate not only my ideas, doodles and random lunacy, but also a life-long love of cartooning. If people enjoyed it, even better. When someone goes out of their way to recognize your work it makes it very worthwhile…you suddenly realize that people are reading…and acknowledging.
And that’s pretty cool.
So, you should check her blog out…it’s loaded with awesome writing and slice-of-life observations from across the pond (that’s the UK, for us Yanks). If you like crisp writing with your ‘funny’, head over there…like, now.
Christine – thank you so much – I’m honored!
And, now on this occasion, I hear tell I have to write seven things about myself, (see official TBBA rules at end of post!) so here goes:
1. I have an awesome wife (33 years together and 29, married), the incredible Miss J, two sons and the aforementioned (well, in a previous post) two punk Bichon Frises.
2. I have a blues/swing band, and I play guitar and do the singing. We have 2 cds out and play all over the Northeast Ohio area.
3. Oh, yeah…I don’t sing…I ‘yell’ on key.
4. I love all forms of music.
5. My favorite bands ever…and I mean, ever…are The Beatles and Wilco.
6. I really like eye wear. I could never do contacts…I wear bifocals though, so it’s an expensive habit.
7. Favorite food is sushi…hands down.
8. I love McDonald’s fries.
9. I collect old baseball cards and comics.
10. I love cartooning.
Next up is a list of bloggers I think you need to check out – they’re my nominees for The Beautiful Blogger Award …they’re awesome and deserve acknowledgement as well…
http://baarmychris.wordpress.com/ – yep, it’s Christine’s blog, and it’s a fun read – see above!
http://ashleyjillian.com/ – Make a beeline to this blog for some pretty kick-ass writing, from what clearly is a very funny person. She writes, does improv and I think she’s a big deal. She’s hilarious…get on the Jillian train now…she’s going places.
http://drivelology.wordpress.com/ She’s swears a lot, and she’s funny. She also puts some nice food photos on the site which makes me hungry. It’s called Drivelology…as in ‘drivel’ and ‘ology’ – go to the site, she’ll explain it to ya. Fun and a good read.
http://interiorstockholm.wordpress.com/ As a graphic designer, I love good design (particularly mid-century graphic design, architecture and furniture)…if you’re an interior design hepcat looking for a fix, look no further. This blog is loaded with stimulating imagery from all over the world of interior design. Awesome.
http://ourprocess.wordpress.com/ I love this guy’s drawings…very different and visually engaging. Great stuff!
http://elizabethmichaudjohn.wordpress.com/ She writes phenomenal poetry as well as short horror stories…even great lifestyle pieces. Excellent work…engaging and high quality.
http://jodiambroseblog.com/ Relationship and lifestyle stuff – hilarious x 100. A must-read blog.
http://funnynamesblog.com/ The name says it all. Awesome writing and impressive research. Funny, informative and easily digestible, this blog is a must-repeat visit. The fact that we use the same wordpress theme clearly shows what world-class taste we both have. Bookmark this blog right now.
http://slapppshotblog.com/ Outstanding slice of life musings from a very talented writer. It’s about a dad, his daughter and their dog, but that’s way to simple…just read the blog – they’ll become like family.
http://cristianmihai.net/ An outstanding writer who understands the ever-evolving relationship between content, self-publishing and the internet. Very nice work.
http://ericsandy.com/ and http://ericsandy.tumblr.com/ both excellent blogs from one of northeast Ohio’s best award winning writers…politics, music and everything in between. Great stuff and a must read.
I could list more…so many more…the effort of creating and maintaining a blog is very apparent to me and I’m in awe of anyone who can keep one going. So, I intend to do some nominating of my own. I’ll just say this: every blog I check out is an inspiration and I’m glad to be in their company!
And lastly, I’ve been requested to respond to some questions…here goes:
1. What is your favorite colour? black
2. What is your favorite animal? Dogs
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Diet Dr. Pepper
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, but I’m on both.
5. What is your favorite pattern? Sunny and partly cloudy.
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents? Both!
7. What is your favorite number? 4.345
8. What is your favorite day of the week? Fridays
9. What is your favorite flower? Gold Medal
10. What’s your passion? My family, music and my cartoons.
So, that should do it – thanks again to Christine – I’m humbled and honored!
Lastly, for those I’ve nominated, here’s a run-down of the BBA rules:
– Include the award logo somewhere on tour blog.
– Make a list of 10-15 blogs you’d like to nominate
– Pay the love forward. Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
– Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
– Answer the ten questions above
– Write 7 things about yourself
Whew…I think that’s it…Anyway, that’s a helluva way to start off a week!
I guess not all Mondays suck.